Devil's Food Spider Cupcakes
Make simply spooky treats out of chocolate frosting, sandwich cookies, jelly beans and pipe cleaners.
- 24 unbleached muffin cup liners
- 1 2/3 cups Henry’s Organic Whole Milk, scalded
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 3 1/2 cups organic, unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks Henry’s Organic Unsalted Butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 Henry’s Large Eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 12 Henry’s Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, separated
- 48 naturally sweetened yellow jellybeans
- 48 black pipe cleaners, cut in thirds or quarters
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup muffin pans with muffin cup liners.
Mix together milk, cocoa and 1/2 cup sugar. Set aside to cool.
Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside. Cream butter and the rest of the sugar. Add eggs one at a time until batter is yellow and glossy. Stir in vanilla. Mix in chocolate mixture. Mix in flour mixture in 2 batches, until combined. Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Frost, and place cookie disc in the center of each cupcake. Press two jellybeans into frosting for the eyes. Place four pipe cleaners on each side for the legs.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close