Hummus can do more than cling to a carrot stick. Grace Parisi's sublime version adds nutty flavor to potato salad, eggs and soup.
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained, 1 tablespoon of the liquid reserved
- 1 small garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch sweet smoked paprika
- Kosher salt
- Pita chips or crudités, for serving
- Tip: One serving 119 cal, 19 gm carb, 6 gm fat, 0.7 gm sat fat, 5 gm protein, 5 gm fiber.
In a food processor, combine the chickpeas with the liquid, garlic, lemon juice and tahini and puree to a chunky paste. Scrape down the side of the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the paprika and puree until smooth. Season the hummus with salt, drizzle with olive oil and serve with pita chips or crudités.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close