- Special Pricing
This egg salad bento box is a hearty lunch and snack all in one. Spoon the egg salad into a lettuce "bowl" to keep it looking pretty and enjoy with cocktail bread and veggies. Toss banana and blueberries with yogurt to keep the bananas from turning brown. Save the chocolate chips and pistachios for an afternoon pick-me-up.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate egg salad (Step 1) for up to 2 days.
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (see Tip), peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced scallion greens
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 leaves Boston or Bibb lettuce
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup banana slices
- 2 tablespoons nonfat or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2/3 cup broccoli florets, cooked or raw
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 slices cocktail-size pumpernickel bread
- 1 tablespoon shelled unsalted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon bittersweet chocolate chips
- Tip: To hard-boil eggs, place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and cook at the barest simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat, pour out hot water and cover the eggs with cold water. Let stand until cool enough to handle before peeling.
Mash the eggs in a small bowl with a fork. Stir in the celery, mayonnaise, mustard, scallion greens and pepper until combined. Line one container with lettuce leaves and fill with the egg salad.
Combine the blueberries, banana and yogurt in another container. Arrange the broccoli and tomatoes in a third container. Place the bread in a fourth container. Nestle a dip-size container in with the bread; fill it with pistachios and chocolate chips.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
556 calories; 24g total fat; 6g total saturated fat; 425mg cholesterol; 611mg sodium; 69g carbohydrates; 10g fiber; 25g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .