Extra Bloody...Bloody Marys
Zesty spices and vampire-repelling garlic make these bloody marys extra special. Complete with garnishes impaled on a "stake," this concoction not only offers protection from Dracula, but is bloody tasty too. It repels vampires with or without vodka.
- For the Bloody Mary:
- 1/2 cup celery salt
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 12 ounces pepper or regular vodka, chilled in freezer
- Juice of 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons celery seed, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts organic tomato or vegetable cocktail
- 6 celery stalks
- For the Skewer Garnish:
- 6 wooden skewers
- 3 thick slices salami, cut into quarters
- 12 cloves pickled garlic
- 12 olives, of your choice
- 3 thick slices manchego cheese, cut into quarters
FOR THE BLOODY MARY:
Place celery salt in a shallow bowl. Run lime wedge around the rims of six pint glasses. Dip the glasses in the celery salt, so it creates a crust around the rim of the glass. Fill with ice, divide vodka evenly between the glasses, and set aside. Mix lime juice, spices, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and tomato juice in a pitcher. Pour into glasses. Give the drink a quick stir, garnish with celery stalks and skewers (instructions follow), and serve.
FOR THE SKEWERS:
Assemble skewers, alternating ingredients, until they are gone. Place in Bloody Mary and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close