- Special Pricing
Delicious warm white beans and fennel are topped with succulent fennel-seed-crusted salmon for a double hit of flavor. For an extra-fresh look, set aside some additional chopped fennel fronds to use as a garnish.
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 bupound fennel, halved, cored and thinly sliced, plus 1 tablespoon chopped fennel fronds
- Two 15-ounce cans white beans, rinsed
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed (see Tip), cut into 2 portions
- Tip: To skin a salmon fillet: Place it on a clean cutting board, skin-side down. Starting at the tail end, slip the blade of a long knife between the fish flesh and the skin, holding the skin down firmly with your other hand. Gently push the blade along at a 30 degree angle, separating the fillet from the skin without cutting through either.
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced fennel; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the beans, tomatoes and wine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the tomatoes begin to break down, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl; stir in the chopped fennel fronds, mustard and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cover to keep warm.
Meanwhile, combine the fennel seeds and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl; sprinkle evenly on both sides of salmon.
Wipe out the pan. Add the remaining 3 teaspoons oil to the pan and heat over high heat until shimmering but not smoking. Add the salmon, skinned-side up, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn the salmon over, cover and remove from the heat. Let stand until the salmon finishes cooking off the heat, 3 to 5 minutes more. Transfer the salmon to a cutting board and flake with a fork. Serve the salmon on top of the warm bean mixture.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
306 calories; 13g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 45mg cholesterol; 467mg sodium; 29g carbohydrates; 9g fiber; 25g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .