Fiesta Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 skinless, boneless chicken breast (approximately 1 pound)
- 1 medium onion, diced (approximately 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 red pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1/4 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can diced green chilies (4 ounces)
- 2 cups plus 1/4 cup low-fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
- 2/3 cup fat-free sour cream
- Tabasco to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 Mission Life Balance Flour Tortillas
- 2/3 can red enchilada sauce
Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8 x 11 x 2-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
Pour the chicken broth into a small frying pan. Heat to a simmer. Add the chicken breast, cover and simmer until no longer pink, turning once, about 25 minutes. Cool and shred.
In same frying pan, add the onion and red pepper. Saute over medium heat until soft, approximately 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
In a large bowl, place the chicken, onion-pepper mixture, beans, corn, cilantro, chilies, 2 cups cheese and sour cream. Toss until thoroughly blended. Add the tabasco, salt and pepper to taste.
Place 1/8 of mixture into center of each tortilla, roll and place in baking dish. When all 8 rolls are completed, pour the enchilada sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake for 35 minutes, or until sauce bubbles and enchiladas are heated through. Makes 4 generous servings of 2 enchiladas each.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174;. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close