Fire Roasted Creamy Tomato and Basil Bisque
Warm up with this scintillating soup.
- 3 tablespoon Wild Oats Unsalted Butter
- 1 medium organic onion, diced
- 1 organic celery rib, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons organic unbleached flour
- 4 cups organic chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon turbinado sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1/4 cup cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated, for garnish
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, celery and garlic. Cook for 4 minutes.
Stir in flour over low heat. Add broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, bay leaves and basil; bring to a boil. Turn heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove bay leaves. In a blender, carefully puree half the soup. Return to saucepan, stir in cream and season with salt and pepper. Divide into 4 bowls and garnish with cheese.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Wild Oats Natural Marketplace. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .