Five-Spice Rub & Sesame-Soy Sauce
- Active Time 5m
- Total Time 5m
Yields about 1/2 cup spice rub and about 1 cup sauce
- For the Spice Rub:
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 4 teaspoons five spice powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/4 teaspoon hot chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- For the Sauce:
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
FOR THE SPICE RUB:
In a bowl, thoroughly blend all the spices with the salt and brown sugar; set aside. Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place; the mix will last a few months.
FOR THE SAUCE:
In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all the ingredients. The sauce keeps for 3 or 4 days in the refrigerator.
Recipe reprinted by permission of <I>Fine Cooking<. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
57 calories; 5g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 823mg sodium; 4g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 0g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close