- Special Savings
- 2 medium-sized fresh tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh white mushrooms, chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup chopped sweet red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (scallions)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Tortilla chips, for serving
- Red and green bell pepper wedges, for serving
- Cucumber slices, for serving
- Additional vegetables, for serving
Core the tomatoes and cut into halves; gently squeeze out the juice and seeds. Coarsely chop 1 tomato (makes about 1 cup); set aside.
Cut the remaining tomato into large chunks; puree in a food processor until smooth. Pour into a large bowl along with the chopped tomato, mushrooms, red pepper and green onions.
In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, jalapeño pepper and salt. Pour the olive oil mixture over the mushroom mixture; toss gently. Serve with tortilla chips, red and green bell pepper wedges, cucumber slices or additional vegetables as desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .