- 10 ounces fresh white mushrooms, quartered (about 3 cups)
- 1 jar (about 7 ounces) roasted red peppers, drained, cut in strips (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) 50% less sodium cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) 50% less sodium red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 ribs celery, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded Parmesan, divided
- 3/4 cup homemade or prepared Italian salad dressing, no salt added
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large bowl, combine mushrooms, peppers, the three kinds of beans, celery and 1/4 cup of the cheese. Add dressing and parsley; toss to coat well. Stir in parsley. Serve topped with remaining cheese.
Variations: To make this a main dish, add cooked chicken, sliced pepperoni, kielbasa or ham.
Tip: To let the mushrooms fully season, make the salad ahead and let it chill overnight.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close