Fresh Tomato, Basil and Caper Bruschetta
6 appetizer servings
A tasty toasty treat for the most sophisticated of palates.
- 4 cups tomatoes (about 4 medium), peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup Crosse & Blackwell Capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 loaf French bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices (approximately 16 slices total)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, cut in half cross-wise
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) Parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
Tomatoes, basil, Crosse & Blackwell Capers and oil in medium bowl; toss gently.
Preheat broiler. Place bread slices on baking sheet. Lightly toast both sides of bread in broiler until light golden. Rub one side of each toasted bread slice with cut side of garlic.
Spoon about 1/4 cup tomato mixture over bread slice; sprinkle with cheese. Broil for additional 30 seconds or until cheese is melted.
Recipe reprinted by permission of bestdressedmeals.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close