The ingredients for Andreas Viestad's fiery Bloody Mary all come from his garden. Like a classic Bloody Mary made with tomato juice, it's a delicious brunch cocktail—with or without vodka. For savory flavor, add a few drops of Worcestershire sauce to each drink.
- 2 small celery ribs, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 medium green heirloom tomato, such as a Green Zebra, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 pounds chilled red tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chilled vodka
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 small red chili, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 4 medium celery ribs and 4 thin green chilies (optional), for serving
In a bowl, toss the celery with the onion, tomato, lemon zest and juice and season with salt. Refrigerate while you make the drinks.
In a blender, puree the tomatoes, vodka, ice, tomato paste, chili and celery salt; pour into glasses. Spoon the garnish on top, add a celery rib and chili to each glass and serve.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .