Fried Tofu Salad
- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 40m
- For the salad:
- 8 ounce egg noodles
- 1 English (hothouse) cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 1/2 ounce firm tofu, cut into 1- inch cubes
- For the dressing:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 1-inch long, peeled
- 6 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons palm sugar or brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons chicken stock
Cook noodles as directed on package. Drain and allow to cool.
In large bowl, combine cucumber, bell pepper, bean sprouts, scallions and sesame seeds. Cover and chill.
In wok or frying pan over medium-high heat, warm oil. Add tofu and cook, stirring constantly, until golden, 3-4 minutes. Drain on paper towels and allow to cool.
Add tofu and noodles to the bowl. Add dressing and toss until well combined.
To make dressing, place garlic, ginger, peanut butter, sesame oil, rice wine, Worcestershire sauce sugar and stock in food processor. Process 10 seconds.
Cover salad and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
To serve, divide chilled salad among individual plates.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Periplus. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
598 calories; 32g total fat; 54mg cholesterol; 96mg sodium; 58g carbohydrates; 6g fiber; 21g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close