Gà Xé Phay (Shredded Chicken Salad)
- 2 fresh hot red chilies (Thai or serrano)
- 3 minced peeled cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons Vietnamese fish sauce (nuó'c mam)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced and peeled
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 4 cups white cabbage, shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, julienned
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cilantro, for garnish
Seed the red chilies, then mince. (It is always best to wear rubber gloves when working with chilies.) Place the chilies in a large bowl. Add the garlic, sugar, rice wine vinegar, fresh lime juice, Vietnamese fish sauce, vegetable oil and onion. Mix until the sugar dissolves. Add the shredded chicken, shredded white cabbage, carrots and fresh mint. Season with freshly ground black pepper, mix and garnish with cilantro.
Special Offer: Get more recipes from Saveur, the award-winning magazine for those passionate about food, drink and travel. Click for details.
Recipe reprinted by permission of World Publication, LLC. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close