Garden Tapas with Tuna
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 20m
Tuna and yogurt salad with fresh greens, salty capers and bright, tart lemon juice makes the perfect topping for crusty baguette slices. With dinner still a few hours away, this sharable appetizer sets the stage for a larger meal later on.
- 1 package (6 ounce) DOLE Tender Garden Blend, coarsely chopped
- Two 2.6 ounce pouches chunk tuna or one 5-ounce can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimento
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped parsley leaves
- 2 teaspoons bottled capers, drained
- 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped
- Juice from 1 medium lemon (about 3 tablespoons)
- One 8 ounce baguette French bread, cut into 12 slices, toasted
- Salt and pepper, to taste (optional)
In a large bowl, mix and toss all ingredients together thoroughly, except baguette. Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired. Top bread slices with salad mixture.
Transfer to plates and season with fresh pepper, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174; Salads. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close