Gazpacho - A Chilled Tomato Soup
- One 28-ounce can whole tomatoes or 3 1/2 cups chunked fresh tomatoes with the cores removed. (It is not necessary to peel the tomatoes.)
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 slice stale rustic or French bread
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and seeded
- 1 large cucumber or approximately 1 1/2 cups peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 small cucumber, diced for garnish
Place the tomatoes, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, bread, green bell pepper and the peeled cucumber chunks into a blender and blend until pureed. Pour through a sieve and press with a spoon or mallet to extract the juices. Discard the seeds and skins.
Chill and serve with the diced cucumber as garnish.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Big Mill Bed & Breakfast, NC. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close