Gift Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 1/2 pound mesquite smoked turkey breast, deli sliced
- 2 Small cans whole water chestnuts, drained well
- 32 Toothpicks, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- As needed fresh herbs
Mix the oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and ginger together in a bowl.
Cut the turkey slices into strips, about 1-inch wide by 3/4-inch long.
Add the turkey breast strips to the marinade and stir to coat all surfaces. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for about one hour.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Remove turkey from marinade and drain. Discard marinade.
Wrap each water chestnut with a strip of turkey, securing with a toothpick.
Bake the rumaki on a lightly oiled baking sheet for 10-12 minutes, until turkey is slightly crisp and brown.
Garnish with fresh herbs.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Turkey Federation. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close