- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 skinned and boned chicken breast halves, cut into strips about 1/2-inch thick
- 1/3 cup chicken stock or bouillon
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 1 1/2 cups asparagus or green beans, sliced about 1 1/2 inches long
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Lemon slices
- Cilantro or parsley sprigs
In a bowl, combine lemon juice, soy sauce, ginger and garlic. Add chicken tossing to coat; set aside. Measure broth; dissolve cornstarch in broth.
In skillet or wok, heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil until sizzling. Drain chicken and reserve the liquid. Add mushrooms and chicken to skillet. Toss over high heat until chicken loses pink color. Add asparagus and onions; continue to toss over high heat until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in broth mixture to chicken. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Serve hot, over rice, is desired. Garnish with lemon slices and cilantro.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close