Gingered Butternut Squash Soup with Fresh Sage
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 25m
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups diced butternut squash (peeled and seeded)
- 2 small cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2-inch piece ginger root, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (2 teaspoons if using dried sage)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove (optional)
- 3 cups fat free chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- White truffle oil (optional)
Heat 2-quart saucepan and add olive oil. Add onion and sauté over low heat until soft and translucent. Add diced squash, garlic, ginger, herbs and spices. Cook for five minutes. Add stock. Bring to a boil and lower to a simmer; cook until squash is soft; five to ten minutes.
Puree with blender or food processor. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle each serving with 1/2 teaspoon white truffle oil. Yield approximately five cups.
Recipe created exclusively for Cooking.com by Chef Jason Bobson.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
74 calories; 2g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 88mg sodium; 9g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close