- Special Pricing
Take grits upscale by adding fresh corn, goat cheese and chives.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup quick grits (not instant; see Tips)
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 1 large ear; see Tips) or frounceen
- 3/4 cup cup crumbled goat cheese (3 ounces), divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh chives or scallion greens
- Tips: Look for quick grits near oatmeal and other hot cereals or near cornmeal in the baking aisle.
- To cut kernels from the cob, stand an ear of corn on one end and slice the kernels off with a sharp knife.
Bring the water, salt and pepper to a boil in a large saucepan. Slowly pour in the grits, stirring constantly. Stir in the corn; return to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring once or twice, until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir in half the goat cheese and let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in the chives (or scallions). Serve each portion sprinkled with some of the remaining cheese.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
156 calories; 5g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 11mg cholesterol; 277mg sodium; 23g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 5g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .