Granada Seafood Salad
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 15m
Drawing upon the heartier foods and spices of Granada’s antique setting in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, this southern Spanish-inspired salad pairs smoky paprika, garlic, fresh herbs and greens with lemon-spiked shrimp and sardines.
- 1 package (8 ounce) DOLE Mediterranean Blend
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tin (2 ounce) cured sardines in oil or 12 ounce shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1/2 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Lemon Paprika Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and fresh pepper (optional)
To prepare dressing: Mix the garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and paprika in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until well combined and season lightly with salt and pepper if desired. Stir in the parsley.
To prepare salad: Drain sardines on paper towels; discard oil from tin. Toss the Mediterranean blend and the carrots into the dressing. Add the bread crumbs and sardines (or shrimp). Toss again.
Transfer to shallow bowls or plates and season with fresh pepper.
Family Friendly Suggestion:
Don't have smoked paprika on hand? Cumin can easily stand in thanks to its aromatic notes and natural pairing with citrus, carrots and herbs. If you're allergic or not a fan of sardines or shrimp, swap in 12 ounces of roasted, chilled chicken breast and/or dark meat for a heartier version.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174; Salads. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close