Grandma Moss' Tex-Mex Breakfast Casserole
Serve with salsa, a fruit plate, muffins, orange juice and coffee.
- For the Base:
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 5-6 pieces pork sausage, cooked, drained and chopped
- 4-5 small pieces ham or Canadian bacon
- One 14-ounce can undrained diced tomatoes
- 1 small can mushrooms if desired
- For the Batter:
- 5 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup instant pancake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Black pepper
- For the Topping:
- 2 cups colby or Monterey Jack cheese
Night before or one hour prior to serving: Spray a 9-inch quiche dish with cooking spray. Layer in dish the first set of ingredients.
In a separate bowl, mix the batter and refrigerate, or you can mix in the morning.
Next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Pour the batter over the layered mixture. Top with cheese. Bake about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Baker St. Harbour Waterfront, TX. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close