Greek Mushroom Orzo
4 portions (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh white mushrooms, sliced (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups (8 ounces) orzo (rice-shaped pasta), uncooked
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Italian-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (13 1/4 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/4 cup crumbled basil-and-tomato flavored feta cheese
In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil until hot. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are tender and just release their liquid, about 6 minutes.
Stir in the orzo, tomatoes, chicken broth and 1/2 cup water. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, until the orzo is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 9 minutes. Stir in the feta cheese and serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close