This begins with French bread, seasoned and toasted with Idahoan® Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes. It's topped with classic Greek ingredients like Kalamata olives, red onion, cucumber and feta cheese. Together, they make for a robust combination of flavors. There's nothing else quite like it.
- Roasted Garlic French Bread:
- One 4-ounce package Idahoan Roasted Garlic Flavored Mashed Potatoes, dry
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 1 loaf French bread
- Greek Salad:
- 1 small container of cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled and sliced into 1/4-inch thickness and cut into quarters
- 1 medium red onion, chopped into thin slices and soaked for 10 minutes in a small bowl of ice water to make it less sharp
- 1 small green pepper, coarse chop
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, reserve for topping
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, small dice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Make Roasted Garlic French Bread: Mix the dry package of Idahoan Roasted Garlic Potatoes with the butter until blended. Slice the French bread length wise and generously spread with the roasted garlic mixture. Toast under the broiler until butter spread is melted and toasted on top.
Also great on the grill: Spread a small amount of the butter mixture on each slice of the French bread. Place face down on the grill until grill marks appear. Turn over and move to the indirect heat side of the grill and spread generously with more of the butter mixture. Close the lid or cover with foil until butter mixture is melted.
Tzatziki Sauce: In a medium bowl, combine Greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon juice, garlic and dill. Stir until well combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
Drain onion from ice water and pat dry with paper towels.
In a large bowl combine all salad ingredients, except cheese.
Top the French bread with the Greek salad and sprinkle cheese over top.
Serve with tzatziki sauce.
Recipe reprinted by permission of 174;. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close