Green Apple and Blue Cheese Coleslaw with Toasted Walnuts
Fresh, light and tasty, our mayonnaise-free coleslaw is the perfect dish for picnics or any summer celebration. Amber agave nectar lends rich sweetness to the dressing without the “sugar rush” of refined sugar. For perfect slices and shreds, use a mandoline or box shredder.
- 1 1/4 cups grapeseed oil
- 1/3 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 to 3 tablespoons amber agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons sweet onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 cups organic red cabbage, shredded
- 1 organic Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1 large organic carrot, shredded
- 1 bunch organic green onions, finely diced
- 1/3 cup organic walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/2 cup buttermilk blue cheese, crumbled
Place first six ingredients in a blender; pulse to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Combine cabbage, apple, carrot and green onions. Toss with just enough dressing to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Add walnuts and blue cheese before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close