Forget the tomatoes—this green gazpacho is full of cucumber, green bell pepper, green grapes and lots of fresh herbs.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Garnish with avocado just before serving.
- 4 slices firm-textured white bread, crusts removed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped scallions (4 scallions)
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 ounces seedless green grapes, cut in half (1 cup)
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes for garnish
Cover the bread with water in a small bowl, and let stand for 5 minutes. Remove the bread and squeeze out excess moisture.
Combine the moistened bread, garlic, parsley and cilantro in a food processor or blender; puree until smooth. Set aside about one-third of the scallions, cucumber, bell pepper and grapes. Add the remaining scallions, cucumber, bell pepper and grapes to the food processor, along with the celery, cumin, coriander, cayenne, lemon juice and vinegar; process until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl and stir in the yogurt, broth and the reserved scallions, cucumber, bell pepper and grapes. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled, at least 1 hour. Garnish each portion with avocado cubes.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
81 calories; 1g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 1mg cholesterol; 154mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 4g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .