Grilled Chicken Breasts with Blueberry Chutney Sauce
- For the Chicken Breast:
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves, with skin intact
- 3/4 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice (grate and reserve orange rind)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 orange, cut decoratively into slices
- For the Blueberry Chutney Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reserved marinade
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, rinsed, picked over
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Reserved grated rind of 1 orange
- Dash of salt
FOR THE CHICKEN BREAST:
In a shallow pan, whisk together all ingredients except chicken breasts. Remove and reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade. Coat chicken in the remaining marinade in the pan. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or at least 1 hour.
Preheat charcoal grill. Prepare Blueberry Chutney Sauce. Place chicken breast 5 to 6 inches over medium-hot coals. Cook about 6 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink inside. Baste once with reserved marinade towards end of cooking time for final glaze. Serve each piece of chicken with 2 or 3 spoonfuls of the Blueberry Chutney Sauce. Garnish with orange slices.
FOR THE BLUEBERRY CHUTNEY SAUCE:
In a medium saucepan, heat oil. Saute onion 2 minutes, or until soft. Add the remaining ingredients. Simmer over low, stirring often, 15 minutes or until mixture thickens slightly and the blueberries become soft. Use at once or cool and refrigerate. Re-warm as needed.
Recipe reprinted by permission of www.eatchicken.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close