Fresh dill, creme fraiche and whole-grain mustard make this meal a cut above your average sandwich.
- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 tablespoon)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 chicken cutlets (6 ounces each)
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 ounces aged cheddar, thinly sliced
- 1 baguette, cut crosswise into 4 pieces and halved horizontally
- 3 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 3 sour pickles, thinly sliced lengthwise
Mix 1/4 cup mustard, the oil, dill, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 3/4 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Add the chicken and onion, and toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
Preheat the grill to medium-high. Grill the onion, turning often, 8 to 10 minutes. Grill the chicken on one side for 3 minutes; flip, top with the cheddar, and cook 3 minutes more. Cut the cutlets in half. Grill the baguette, cut sides down, until crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons mustard and the creme fraiche in a small bowl. Spread onto the cut sides of the baguette. Sandwich the chicken, pickles and onion between the bread.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Martha Stewart Living. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close