Make a large batch of this zesty, spicy butter, freeze it in small portions and use while corn is in season.
- 4 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce plus 1/4 teaspoon adobo sauce (see Ingredient Note) or 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Ingredient Note: Chipotle chilies in adobo sauce are smoked jalapeños packed in a flavorful sauce. Look for the small cans with the Mexican foods in large supermarkets. Once opened, they'll keep up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or 6 months in the freezer.
Preheat the grill to high. Wrap each ear in foil. Place on the grill and cook, turning frequently, for 10 minutes. Remove from the grill and let stand in the foil while preparing the butter. Combine the butter, lime zest, lime juice, chipotle and adobo sauce (or ground chipotle) and salt in a small bowl. Carefully unwrap the corn. Serve with the butter.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
129 calories; 7g total fat; 4g total saturated fat; 15mg cholesterol; 222mg sodium; 17g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 3g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is*
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .