Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Citrus Sauce
- Active Time 20m
- Total Time 3h 10m
Makes 6 servings
- For the Marinade:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1/2 tablespoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1 pound uncooked extra-large shrimp (about 18), shells removed, cleaned
- For the Vegetable Sauté:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cups vegetables, (zucchini, hearts of artichokes, fennel, red bell pepper), cut into 1/2-inch-wide sticks about 2 inches long
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- For the Citrus Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
TO MAKE THE MARINADE: Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Add the shrimp, and marinate at room temperature for 3 hours.
When the marinating time is over, make the vegetable sauté. In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil. Add the vegetables and garlic; sauté for 4 minutes, stirring constantly. Season with salt and pepper. Add the balsamic vinegar and continue cooking for 1 minute more.
TO MAKE THE CITRUS VINAIGRETTE: Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Whisk to dissolve the honey.
Remove the shrimp from the marinade and grill or broil for 2 minutes on each side.
Divide the sautéed vegetables among 6 salad plates, put 3 shrimp on top of each and pour on the citrus vinaigrette.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
197 calories; 8g total fat; 115mg cholesterol; 303mg sodium; 13g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 17g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close