- Special Savings
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh small white mushrooms
- 2 medium-sized (about 2 1/2 cups) zucchini, sliced 1-inch thick
- 1 medium-sized red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 medium-sized pitas
- For the Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 cup peeled, seeded and diced cucumber
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Preheat outdoor grill or broiler until hot. In a 13 by 9 by 2-inch glass dish, place shrimp, mushrooms, zucchini and red onion. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and black pepper. Pour over vegetables; toss until well coated. Let stand for 30 minutes. Place vegetables and shrimp on a vegetable grilling rack or a rack in a broiler pan. Grill or broil no more than 6 inches from heat source, until vegetables and shrimp are just cooked, about 8 minutes, stirring often and brushing occasionally with remaining marinade. Serve on pitas with cucumber yogurt sauce.
FOR THE CUCUMBER YOGURT SAUCE:
In a small bowl, combine yogurt ingredients together.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .