Grilled Mixed Veggies
Served as a side dish or main course, a quick sear or slow roast adds caramelized flavor to the season's finest produce.
- 1 large sweet onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 2 organic peppers (red, orange or yellow), seeded, cored and cut in half
- 4 portabello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 zucchini trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch planks
- 2 yellow squash, sliced lengthwise into 1/4-inch planks
- 1 pound asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 cup olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 1 teaspoon each thyme, oregano and basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill basket
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl. Add vinaigrette, herbs, salt and pepper; mix well. Marinate for 1 hour or overnight in refrigerator.
Prepare a medium-hot fire in grill.
Place vegetables in grill basket (reserve marinade) and grill for 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Place veggies on a platter and serve with extra marinade. If you don’t have a grill basket, the vegetables may be cooked directly on the grill.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close