Grilled Pineapple and Banana Splits
Need an easy way to slip back into childhood? Try our grilled banana splits and let every creamy, dreamy spoonful bring you one-step closer to long lazy summer days of years past. Sweet and sophisticated enough to please kids of all ages.
- 3 tablespoons unsalted organic butter
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Canola oil
- 8 firm organic bananas, peeled
- 1 organic golden pineapple, peeled and sliced into spears
- 1 pint organic chocolate ice cream
- 1 pint organic vanilla ice cream
- 1 pint organic strawberry ice cream
- Squeezable chocolate syrup
- Triple Berry Sauce (recipe follows)
- Whipped cream
- 1/2 cup sliced and toasted almonds
- For the Triple Berry Sauce:
- 1 bag (10 ounces) frozen organic berry blend fruits
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar or 3 tablespoons agave nectar
Heat grill or grill pan over medium high heat.
In a small saucepan, melt butter with rum and cinnamon. Set aside.
Brush grill grate with canola oil. Place bananas and pineapples on grill. Brush with rum butter mixture. Grill until fruit is caramelized.
Remove from gill and place a banana and a pineapple spear in each bowl. Top with one scoop of each ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate and triple berry sauce. Garnish with whipped cream and toasted almonds.
FOR THE TRIPLE BERRY SAUCE:
Place all ingredients in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes until berries break down and form a sauce. Cool and refrigerate until needed.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Henry's Farmers Market. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close