- Special Pricing
Here's an American classic, made more elegant with a full-flavored, summery salsa that's reminiscent of our favorite cold Spanish soup.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the salsa (Step 1), cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
- 4 medium yellow tomatoes (1 pound), seeded and finely chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Several dashes hot sauce, to taste
- 1 pound raw shrimp (21 to 25 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme
- Tip: To oil a grill rack: Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill).
Mix the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, celery, onion, chives, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, salt and hot sauce in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 20 minutes or up to 1 day.
Mix the shrimp, garlic and thyme in a medium bowl; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
Coat a grill pan with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat or preheat the grill to medium-high and oil the grill rack (see Tip). Cook the shrimp until pink and firm, about 2 minutes per side. Serve the shrimp with the salsa in martini glasses or bowls.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
131 calories; 1g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 168mg cholesterol; 418mg sodium; 10g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 20g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .