- Special Savings
This is Michael Psilakis's modern take on the traditional Greek combination of watermelon and feta cheese. It features the creamy yogurt he grew up eating in New York's Long Island: "My mom made it at home all the time, and we'd snack on it with honey after school." Michael Psilakis: Defining Greek Food
- 1 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt or Homemade Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coarsely chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Twelve 3-inch-long triangles of seedless red watermelon, about 1 inch thick
- 1/4 cup small mint leaves
Light a grill. In a bowl, combine the yogurt with the lemon juice, vinegar, thyme and the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle the watermelon triangles with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill over high heat until nicely charred, about 1 minute per side; transfer to plates. Top the watermelon with the yogurt sauce and season with black pepper. Drizzle with olive oil, garnish with the mint and serve.
Get more Food & Wine recipes
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .