- Special Pricing
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 15m
Makes 4 servings
- Four (6 to 7-ounce) firm white-fleshed fish fillets, such as Red Snapper
- 1 egg, beaten with 2 teaspoons water
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 heads minced shallots, or 1/2 of a small onion, minced
- One (10-ounce) bunch fresh spinach, washed thoroughly, trimmed of stems, and chopped, or one (10-ounce) package frounceen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 large tomato, roughly diced
- 1/2 pound diced cooked lobster or crabmeat
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as basil, parsley, or chives
- 3 cups cooked rice or couscous, for serving
Season the fish fillets with salt and pepper. Place the egg mixture in a shallow bowl. Place the flour in a second shallow bowl or plate.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dip each fillet into the egg mixture and allow the excess egg to drain, then dredge in the flour. Place the fillets into the hot oil. Cook until golden brown on each side. Repeat for all fillets. Place fish on a paper towel to drain. Set aside.
Add the shallots or the onion to the pan and cook for 2 minutes. Add the spinach, mushrooms, and tomato and cook for 2 minutes. Add the lobster or crabmeat, lemon juice, chicken stock and herbs and cook until most of the liquid evaporates and the spinach is wilted. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste.
Ladle the sautéed vegetables and lobster or crab mixture over the warm fish and serve with rice or couscous.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Doubleday. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
680 calories; 23g total fat; 195mg cholesterol; 397mg sodium; 62g carbohydrates; 5g fiber; 56g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .