- Special Pricing
This lighter pumpkin pie has the rich, subtle spices of the classic and a delicate, faintly sweet crust.
Make Ahead Tip: Prepare the crust (Step 1), wrap tightly and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For Crust:
- 3/4 cup whole-wheat pastry flour (see Note)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-4 tablespoons ice water
- For Filling:
- One 15-ounce can unseasoned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- One 14-ounce can low-fat sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Note: Whole-wheat pastry flour is milled from soft wheat. It contains less gluten-forming potential than regular whole-wheat flour and helps ensure a tender result in delicate baked goods while providing the nutritional benefits of whole grains. Store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Tip: To crimp pie crust, use one hand to pinch/flute the edge of the crust between your thumb and side of your index finger.
To prepare crust: Whisk the whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar and salt in a medium bowl. Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, swirling the butter, until it’s light brown, 30-60 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl to cool. Stir in the oil. Slowly stir the butter-oil mixture into the dry ingredients with a fork until the dough is crumbly. Gradually stir in the ice water, adding enough so the dough holds together and feels moist. Press the dough into a flattened disk.
Overlap 2 sheets of plastic wrap on a work surface, place the dough in the center and cover with 2 more overlapping sheets of plastic wrap. Roll the dough into a 12-inch circle. Remove the top sheets and invert the dough into a 9-inch pie pan. Press the dough into the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Remove the remaining plastic wrap. Fold the dough under at the rim and crimp or flute the edge (see Tip).
Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 425 degrees F.
To prepare filling & assemble pie: Whisk the pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Add the condensed milk and eggs and whisk until smooth. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
Bake the pie for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake until the filling is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, 35-40 minutes more. (Cover the crust edges with foil if they are browning too quickly). Let cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
292 calories; 9g total fat; 3g total saturated fat; 53mg cholesterol; 348mg sodium; 42g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 7g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .