- Special Savings
- Active Time 0m
- Total Time 0m
This recipe makes 16 pretzels.
These handmade pretzels are way more interesting than the store-bought kind: They're chewy on the outside, and soft and tender on the inside - and you get to make them any shape you want! Honest Pretzels are especially good when eaten warm, soon after baking.
- 1/2 recipe Basic Yeasted Dough
- Can of vegetable oil cooking spray or canola oil
- Flour, as needed, for handling the dough
- Water, for spritzing
- Salt, regular or kosher (optional)
Time: After the Basic Yeasted Dough is made and has risen, these take about 1 hour, start to finish.
You Will Also Need:
- Large, wide pot for the water
- Brush for painting the baking tray with oil (if using oil)
- Baking tray
- Scissors or pastry cutter
- Table with board or countertop ("work area")
- A 12-inch ruler for measuring dough
- Slotted spoon
- Spray bottle filled with clean water
- Timer with a bell
- Spatula or tongs for handling the pretzels
Ask an Adult for Help with:
- Filling the pot with water and putting it on the stove
- Heating the water
- Turning on the oven
- Putting the pretzels in and taking them out of the hot water
- Putting the tray in the oven
- Turning the pretzels over and spraying them during baking
- Taking the pretzels out of the oven and putting them on a plate to cool
Note to the Adult:
The water in the pot should be at least 3 inches deep. Bring it to a boil and then lower the heat so it is simmering very gently when you add the pretzels.
If you have any Pretzels left over, heat them in an oven or toaster oven right before eating so they'll taste fresh.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Ten Speed Press. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
56 calories; 1g total fat; 2mg cholesterol; 91mg sodium; 10g carbohydrates; 0g fiber; 2g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .