Easy as can be, these layered cherry-blueberry trifles are a simple make-ahead dessert. We like to use fresh fruit when in season, but frozen (thawed) fruit is delicious and easy.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Top with almonds just before serving.
- 1 1/4 cups halved pitted fresh cherries or thawed and drained frozen cherries
- 1 1/4 cups fresh blueberries or thawed and drained frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 16 ladyfingers (see Note)
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Greek yogurt (see Note)
- 4 tablespoons toasted sliced almonds (see Tip)
- Notes: For this recipe, we recommend using ladyfingers with a soft, sponge-cake texture found in the in-store bakery of most supermarkets. The crunchy Italian ladyfingers (sometimes found near specialty cookies) are too big to fit into individual serving dishes and won’t soften as well.
- Greek-style yogurt is made by removing the whey from cultured milk, which gives the yogurt an extra-thick and creamy texture. Look for it with other yogurt in large supermarkets.
- Tip: To toast sliced almonds, place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Toss the cherries, blueberries and brown sugar in a medium bowl. Layer 2 ladyfingers, about 1/4 cup fruit mixture and 2 tablespoons yogurt in four 10 to 12-ounce tumblers or similar-size glasses. Repeat with another layer of ladyfingers, fruit and yogurt. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or up to 1 day. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon almonds just before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
236 calories; 4g total fat; 0g total saturated fat; 14mg cholesterol; 30mg sodium; 44g carbohydrates; 3g fiber; 9g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .