Irish Lamb Stew
- Active Time 30m
- Total Time 8h 30m
This is Emerald Isle penicillin: a rich stew that'll cure whatever ails you. In traditional fashion, nothing here is browned first, just all stewed together.
- 2 pounds boneless leg of lamb, trimmed of fat and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 pounds white potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 3 large leeks, white part only, halved, washed and thinly sliced
- One 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves, chopped
Combine the lamb, potatoes, carrots, celery, leeks, broth, thyme, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the lamb is fork-tender, about 8 hours. Stir in the parsley before serving.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
244 calories; 5g total fat; 2g total saturated fat; 58mg cholesterol; 414mg sodium; 27g carbohydrates; 4g fiber; 21g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .