- Special Pricing
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds bone-in, skinless chicken drumsticks and thighs
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- One 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- One and a half 14-ounce cans chicken broth plus 1/4 cup water (or 3 cups homemade chicken broth)
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 Spanish olives (green with pimento), sliced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Half a 7-ounce jar roasted peppers or 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into strips
In large, deep nonstick skillet or paella pan with cover, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion and garlic, sauteing until translucent. Stirring in rice, cook for 1 minute. Add tomatoes, chicken broth, capers and cayenne pepper. Press chicken pieces down into the liquid. Cover pan and let liquid come to a slow simmer; reduce heat to very low. Let cook until rice is tender, about 30 to 40 minutes. Top with olives and peas and stir very gently. Arrange the pepper strips on top of the paella. Cover pan again for 3 to 4 minutes, until peas are hot. Serve in shallow bowls.
Recipe reprinted by permission of www.eatchicken.com. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .