Italian Pork Kebabs with Summer Vegetables
- Active Time 10m
- Total Time 30m
These kebabs burst with fresh color and flavor. Tender chunks of pork and vibrant veggies get together in an incredibly easy recipe you'll love to grill all season long.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin roast, trimmed, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes, or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, trimmed and cut crosswise into rounds
- 2 large bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
Prepare outdoor grill for direct medium-hot grilling. For a gas grill, preheat grill on high. Adjust temperature to 400 degrees F. For a charcoal grill, build fire and let burn until coals are covered with white ash. Spread coals and let burn for 15 to 20 minutes.
Whisk the vinegar, 1 teaspoon salt, and hot red pepper together in a large bowl. Whisk in the oil. Add the basil, oregano and garlic. Add the pork loin and toss to coat. Spread the zucchini and bell peppers on top of the pork, season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and let stand 5 minutes. Stir to coat with marinade. Do not marinate longer than 15 minutes.
Skewer the pork, zucchini and bell peppers, alternating ingredients, onto 6 metal kebab skewers.
Lightly oil cooking grate. Place kebabs on grill and cover grill. Cook, turning occasionally, for about 10 to 12 minutes or until pork is browned. Let stand for 3 minutes, then serve.
Tip: Serving Suggestion: Pasta salad with tomatoes and mozzarella.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Pork Board. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close