- Special Pricing
Korean Chicken Soup
- Active Time 15m
- Total Time 30m
6 servings, generous 1 cup each
Fresh ginger, garlic and hot sauce infuse this chicken soup with rich flavor. Make it a meal: Scallion Flat Breads and Sautéed Spinach with Toasted Sesame Oil make nice accompaniments.
- 8 cups Homemade Chicken Broth (see recipe link above)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot chili paste
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Tip: To toast sesame seeds: Place in a small dry skillet and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Companion recipe: Homemade Chicken Broth
Combine the broth, garlic and ginger in a large pot; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the rice, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil; add the chili paste to taste. Add the chicken and heat just until warmed through. Ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with the scallions and sesame seeds.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
162 calories; 3g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 27mg cholesterol; 305mg sodium; 18g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 14g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .