Carrots are great keepers, so this makes a handy, refreshing salad when you haven't had time to shop for fresh greens. It brightens up a tuna sandwich too.
Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 cups grated carrots (4 medium-large)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
Whisk lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Add carrots, dill and scallions; toss to coat. Chill until serving time.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
90 calories; 7g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 184mg sodium; 6g carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 1g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.