This refreshing, lightly spicy seafood appetizer is just as good with lump crabmeat or cooked shrimp.
- For Salad:
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure chile powder, such as ancho
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced unpeeled European cucumber
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- For Lobster:
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup finely diced mango
- 1/2 cup frisée
- 4 Belgian endive spears
- 4 fresh chives
FOR SALAD: In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, paprika, curry powder, chile powder and salt. Stir in the cucumber, red pepper and scallions and let the vegetables marinate for 10 minutes.
FOR LOBSTER: Fold the lobster, mango and frisée into the vegetable salad and spoon into 2 martini glasses or goblets or onto 2 small plates. Garnish each salad with 2 endive spears and 2 chives and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Food and Wine. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
525 calories; 37g total fat; 82mg cholesterol; 1064mg sodium; 23g carbohydrates; 8g fiber; 27g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.