Make-It-Mine Pork Kabobs
4 servings (2 kabobs each)
Summer entertaining just got more delicious. These grilled pork kabobs are tender, juicy and so easy to customize with your favorite combination of herbs and vegetables.
- 1 pound boneless pork loin or tenderloin, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard or 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Five Spice
- 1 small red or orange sweet pepper, cut into 1-inch squares*
- 6 ounces shiitake mushroom caps or white mushroom caps, halved if needed*
- 1 small zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 3/4-inch pieces*
- 1/4 cup pepper jelly or orange marmalade, melted
- 8 skewers
In a self-sealing plastic bag combine cubed pork, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and Dijon-style mustard (or Chinese Five Spice); seal bag and refrigerate for 1 to 4 hours.
Prepare medium-hot fire with charcoal or preheat gas to medium high.
Remove pork from marinade; reserving marinade. Thread pork, sweet peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini alternately onto 8 skewers. Brush or drizzle with reserved marinade. Grill kabobs directly over fire, turning to brown evenly, for 5 minutes. Brush kabobs with the melted jelly. Continue to grill for 3 to 10 minutes more or until tender. Let rest 3 minutes before serving.
*Kabob ingredients don't need to be limited to the vegetables listed. There are several ways to customize kabobs; try incorporating cherry tomatoes, broccoli (precooked until crisp-tender), pineapple chunks (fresh or canned), yellow summer squash, red onion wedges, baby carrots (precooked until crisp-tender), halved tiny new potatoes (precooked until tender) or try adding fresh sprigs of herbs.
Recipe reprinted by permission of National Pork Board. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 10% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close