Marinated Thai-Style Mushrooms
4 to 6 portions (8 cups)
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy-style peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound (about 5 cups) fresh white mushrooms, quartered
- Romaine lettuce, optional, for serving
- Bell pepper, chopped, optional, for serving
- Enoki mushrooms, optional, for serving
In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, salt and crushed red pepper. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until hot, about 4 minutes.
Meanwhile, place the mushrooms in a large bowl. Pour the hot marinade over the mushrooms; toss to coat. Let stand at room temperature to blend flavors, about 20 minutes.
Serve as is or toss the mushroom mixture with romaine lettuce, chopped bell pepper and enoki mushrooms, if desired.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Mushroom Council. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .