Marsala Mushroom Hamburger Skillet
- Total Time 40m
The whole family will enjoy this one-skillet meal for dinner on a weeknight or any time comfort food fits the bill.
- 1 pound 80 percent lean ground beef
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, 1/4-inch dice
- 1 celery stalk, 1/4-inch dice
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can lower-sodium beef broth
- 3 tablespoons Marsala cooking wine (sweet)
- 8 ounces farfalle
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large straight-sided skillet over medium heat, saute the beef, breaking it up with a spoon until browned, 4 to 5 minutes. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the rendered fat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the garlic, onion, carrot, celery and mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables start to soften, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir in the thyme, tarragon, diced tomatoes, water, broth and Marsala and bring to a boil. Stir in the pasta and cook according to package directions stirring, occasionally. Check pasta for doneness, continue cooking 1 or 2 minutes if necessary. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, stir in the ricotta cheese and parsley and serve.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Cooking.com. All rights reserved.
Need Something for Your Kitchen?
Get 15% off your first order at our store, CHEFS Catalog!*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*New customers only, some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close