Maryland Crab Soup
4 to 8 servings
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and chopped
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen lima beans
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- One 28-ounce can whole peeled plum tomatoes
- 1 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine the carrots, potatoes, onions, celery, green beans, corn, lima beans, peas, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, mustard, red pepper flakes and 6 cups water in a large pot. Add the tomatoes, crushing them in your hand, and juice from the can. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add the crabmeat to the soup and simmer 45 minutes more, stirring often. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Special Offer: Get more recipes from Saveur, the award-winning magazine for those passionate about food, drink and travel. Click for details.
Recipe reprinted by permission of World Publication, LLC. All rights reserved.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .