Since pesto is a "raw" sauce, the flavor of the olive oil is crucial to its success. Use the best first-cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil you can comfortably afford.
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 3/4 cup packed fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large clove garlic, quartered
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Tip: To toast sliced almonds: Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.
Place the basil, mint, almonds, oil, lemon zest and juice, garlic and salt in a food processor; pulse a few times, then process until fairly smooth, or to the desired consistency.
Recipe reprinted by permission of Publisher. All rights reserved.
nutrition information per serving
70 calories; 7g total fat; 1g total saturated fat; 0mg cholesterol; 74mg sodium; 2g carbohydrates; 1g fiber; 1g protein
These nutrition facts are calculated according to the ingredients listed in this recipe. Any substitutions will change these facts. Although we strive for accuracy, please note that food manufacturers occasionally change their food formulas, which could affect the calculations as shown.
Don't Miss Out
Get an instant coupon for 10% off your next order*
plus the latest recipes, exclusive offers, and more straight to your inbox.
*Some restrictions apply.
Sorry, it appears that you already have subscribed to Cooking.com e-mails.
Click here to modify your email preferences.Close
Sign-up in progress...
Thanks for subscribing and please enjoy the coupons, recipes and special offers coming your way!Close
Your instant coupon code is:
Enter code during checkout to receive 10% off your purchase.* This code will also be emailed to you.Close and Continue
*Some restrictions apply. To see restrictions, click here .